Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome

Hello to all.  This is a blog about my upcoming trip to Israel and Palestine with the Seattle Peace Chorus.  It is the Travels of the Mind because I have not yet got my head around all the implications and nuance of such a journey.  The trip occurs late June and early July 2011.

I don't really want to get into the politics of the situation, but I will likely cite information sources regarding that.

I am a Zen Buddhist lay practitioner, and there will definitely be some references to that tradition. But I am not proselitising nor is that done in most Buddhist traditions.  It's more a matter of revealing how I cope with the suffering in this world.

So welcome to my journey.

2 comments:

Teresa Catlin said...

When do you leave?

Tommy 2.0 said...

Hi Teresa: Current departure date is June 24 coming back approx July 8
Tommy