My sea level lungs managed to get me around at the 10,000+ feet for 10 km. The trail is not steep, except it feels that way at that altitude. The snow was much faster than my prior experience in CO.
Here's Maggie along the trail
And myself. I am skating, it just looks a bit abbreviated because it's downhill and the poles are too short
Maggie tells me it can be windy and cold up there but we had good weather, temps about 32F.
On the way back I got this shot of a mountain range to the east. Not the usual San Juans I have been showing.
In the town of Delta, there's the garage on the main drag with a lot full of rusting Buicks and other cars. The white one towards the center is a 56 Buick Century - I had one! Somebody is kind of looking after them - they had air in the tires.





No comments:
Post a Comment