18 Dec 2013 Wed
I left my temporary residency at the Las Vegas Zen Center today, and went to Death Valley National Park. I think this is the first time I've been below sea level and not scuba diving or snorkeling. From the GPS in my Jeep, see the Elevation: (This was actually just south of Furnace Creek in the park; the GPS geolocation data is dated.)
That's not the lowest elevation in the park, but that was 17 miles out of my way.
An overly tame coyote on the side of the road. It seemed he was acclimated to people and wanted handouts. Some people in the general store confirmed that.
A steam tractor used to haul borax.
This old Willys is in Bishop CA and looks like it was used as a delivery vehicle. The inside looks original and consists only of a 2/3 size front seat. (This is a hand held shot F/3.5, 1/30second, ISO 6400, with vibration reduction on. No flash. Gotta love a good DSLR.)
No comments:
Post a Comment