Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mind makes groundlessness

Much has changed since my last entry, over two years ago.  The choir's trip to Israel and Palestine didn't happen, a story of finding reason why not to go.  I will go someday.  I retired from my job June 30, 2013.  The focus of the blog moves to the time period beginning then.

On quick review of my last post, it was about groundlessness, and it make's a great segue.  I moved out of my condo on July 10 (sale of it is pending), and since then have been house sitting in Mt. Vernon, WA, in the midst of what many of you will know as tulip country.  Some days I also stay with friends or relatives in the east of Seattle area.  It's like old age couch surfing! :-)

I'm  getting by with all I can carry in my Jeep Grand Cherokee with a ski box and a bike rack.  That includes a guitar, a ukulele, and several tool boxes and buckets.  So my real living needs are quite small.  Meanwhile all my possessions fill the equivalent of a 10' x 25' storage space.  Some time this fall those will all be reassembled into some living space in Winthrop, WA.  Then I can be a host rather than a guest.  All those tools, they are for helping my hosts, plus some for maintaining my bicycle and a car with 112,000 miles on it.

I feared the groundlessness that came with this planned temporary lifestyle, but soon became comfortable with it.  As it is said in my Zen school, "mind makes everything". Then it must be that mind makes groundlessness.

Yesterday I was at Mia's and took down a tree with the chain saw, fixed a moulding, declared a vacuum cleaner to have a seized motor, and helped with some faucet repair.

Today I am headed to the stable to work with Ringo, my leased horse, and my Buck Brannaman style trainer, Steve. I may tackle some repair of a faucet in the tack room. Then I'm headed to Mazama and Winthrop for 3-4 days.  Out there I will be looking for rental accommodations, meeting with my house designer, and seeing if I can catch up with the Parelli horse trainer I know there for some work with him.

No comments: