Wednesday, October 30, 2013

And now, the snow!




Today my destination was Ridgeway, about 25 miles south of Montrose.  That's the True Grit Cafe you see there.  This town was the site of the filming of the original True Grit movie, and John Wayne pictures abound.  And yes, it is snowing. It was at least a hearty snow squall.  This town is at 7000', which is 1000' higher than Montrose.  When I got back to Montrose, there was no precipitation at all.

My intent in going to Ridgeway was for a soak at Orvis Hot Springs.  Sorry, I can't take pictures for you there.  It is a commercial but hippyish setup, and clothing optional, as the euphemism goes.  Gary and I had been at the springs.  More memories of my dear friend.

The photo above was with the point and shoot camera.  I didn't want the leave the new one in the car, so it stayed at home; and the waterproof housing I have for the p&s came in handy.

No comments: