Saturday, October 26, 2013

Another hike at Ridgeway State Park

Saturday Oct 26, 2013

Maggie and I did a hike at Ridgeway (CO) State Part today.  Nice and sunny and in the low 60's.

I saw this little guy going into the rocks.  I lost sight of him but with the flash on, there he was!  I looked him up in a book but can't identify him.  I think he had a somewhat bushy tail and kinda large ears.  That's four sentences that begin with I, but, really, it's not all about me. :-)


Great view of the San Juans, over Ridgeway.  Usually I can't get the mountains to show up clearly since they overexpose.  I think this time the reservoir was just as bright so the overall exposure was balanced.


Here's Maggie under an aspen, at the state park HQ.




2 comments:

Barry said...

Looks like a pika (also known as cony). Small greyish, roundish rodent with small roundish ears, not much tail, lives in scree and talus.

Tommy 2.0 said...

Barry, I think you are right. I saw his ears and they match. Thanks!