Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On the road again - Portland to Diamond, OR

Today I took off from Portland, headed ultimately to Montrose, CO, which is in western CO below Grand Junction.  I took OR 26 to OR 380 and then a county road through ranch country that connected to USFS 47, part of which was gravel.  The part through OR 380 was a nearly idyllic valley with a stream with a range of hills on both sides.  I just would want to remove all the black cows to make it perfect.


I stopped at Post, the 'Center of Oregon'




This is the gravel part of FS 47, coming down from about the 5600 foot height of the drive.



From Hines I went to Diamond by way of Crane, a less than optimum route that the in-Jeep GPS chose for me.  From now on I double check it before I take off.

It was a long drive but almost no freeway, just a little bit on the west side of Portland.

No comments: